Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Starting in 2018, Code42 changes our translation policy for the Code42 console in Code42 cloud environments. Any updates to the Code42 console are first released in US English only. Support for the 15 additional languages is added in a later release. Code42 groups all translation updates to the Code42 console and releases the updates once every 3-4 months.
This article explains the upcoming changes in Code42’s language support and what it means for you.
This policy affects the Code42 console in Code42 cloud environments. This does not include Code42 environments with an on-premises authority server and storage in the cloud or managed appliance.
To maintain accurate translations, Code42 uses human translators who not only translate the words, but localize the user interface to support non-English speakers. To maintain our release cadence as well as our high standard for localization, we are updating our translation policy. New features and updates to the Code42 console in Code42 cloud environments are released in English first. The 15 additional supported languages are added every 3-4 months.
- All existing features are still translated in each of the 15 supported languages.
- Code42 groups all translation updates to the Code42 console and releases the updates once every 3-4 months.
- The Code42 app will include support for all 15 languages for each major and minor release.
- Code42 environments with an on-premises authority server or managed appliances will include all 15 supported languages for each major and minor release.
- There may be times when some features of the Code42 console are translated and localized, and some features remain in US English-only.
- major software version
Major software versions contain large features and changes to functionality. A significant software version that is defined as x.0. Example: 6.0.
- minor software version
- Minor software versions contain smaller features and enhancements to existing functionality. Minor version numbers are two digits, such as 3.6 or 4.2.
- supported languages
Updates to this document
This Translation policy document should not be interpreted as a legally binding commitment, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up-to-date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.