- CrashPlan PROe
- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
Code42 strives to continually innovate and evolve its solutions, providing customers with richer functionality and more robust products. As part of this ongoing evolution, certain Code42 products, including software versions and hardware lines, will reach the end of their lives. Our goal is to provide straightforward product lifecycle policies that help customers better design, deploy, and manage their IT investments and upgrades.
This article outlines Code42's communication and transition plans for any discontinued software version.
For information about end-of-life policies for hardware, see our Hardware End-Of-Life Policy.
Version end-of-life period
The end-of-life period for a software version begins when:
- Code42 makes a software version end-of-life announcement
- Code42 makes a new release announcement
End-of-life announcements will be made approximately six months prior to the end-of-life date and will contain an official timeline describing discontinuation plans, including an end-of-support date.
- If a direct replacement product is offered, Code42 may shorten the end-of-life period.
- Code42 will not generate quotes for the license or sale of any software version during its end-of-life period.
- Support contracts cannot extend past the end-of-life date of Code42 software versions.
- For more information about our supported versions, see the Code42 version policy.
- For more information about support for version end-of-life, see the Code42 enterprise support policy.
- For more information about end-of-sale, new release, and end-of-life dates and announcements, see our Terms and Conditions.
- end-of-life announcement
The point at which Code42 announces a product or version will be discontinued.
- end-of-life date
The last day that a product is supported according to terms of Code42 support plans.
- end-of-life period
The period of time beginning with the day Code42 announces a product will be discontinued or a new version is released until the last date that the product is formally supported by Code42. Generally, once the end-of-life period begins, enhancements are not made; only security fixes are available.
- end-of-sale date
The date when a product is no longer available for purchase from Code42 or its authorized resellers. This date also establishes the end-of-life date for hardware and some software product lines.
- end-of-sale notification
The notification that establishes when a discontinued product will no longer be generally available. The end-of-sale notification begins the end-of-life period.
- generally available
A product is generally available when sold by Code42 or a Code42-authorized agent and for which an end-of-life announcement has not been issued.
Equipment (including its physical components) purchased from Code42 or a Code42-authorized agent. Hardware may also be referred to as “appliance.”
- new release announcement
Announcement indicating that a newer software version of a generally available product is available. Release notifications begin the end-of-life period for a previous version or versions.
- new release date
The date on which the new release of software becomes generally available.
Any good or service produced or provided by Code42.
- software versions
Code42 uses four designations for software versions:
- Major software versions contain large features and changes to functionality. Major version numbers are one digit (and a zero), such as 4.0 or 5.0.
- Minor software versions contain smaller features and enhancements to existing functionality. Minor version numbers are two digits, such as 3.6 or 4.2.
- Maintenance software versions contain bug fixes and other small changes. Maintenance version numbers are three digits, such as 4.3.5 or 5.1.2.
- Patch software versions contain bug fixes or other corrections that must be addressed before the next scheduled release point. Patch version numbers are four digits, such as 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52.
Updates to this document
This Version End-Of-Life Policy document should not be interpreted as a legally binding commitment, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up-to-date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied, or statutory, by posting such documents, or about the information in such documents.
To receive regular notifications regarding updates to our support documentation, see Subscribing To Product Documentation Notifications.