Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 strives to continually innovate and evolve its solutions, providing customers with richer functionality and more robust products. As part of this ongoing evolution, certain Code42 products, including software versions and hardware lines, will reach the end of their lives. Our goal is to provide straightforward product lifecycle policies that help customers better design, deploy, and manage their IT investments and upgrades.
This article outlines Code42's communication and transition plans for any discontinued hardware products.
For information about end-of-life policies for software versions, see our Software Version End-Of-Life Policy.
Hardware end-of-life period
The following policy items apply to all Code42 hardware products:
- Code42 may choose to announce the end-of-sale and end-of-support dates for its products at any time.
- Code42 works with its customers to ensure continuity of business when announcing the end-of-sale or end-of-support dates for its products.
- Notifications and reminders to customers for end-of-support begin approximately six months prior to the end-of-support date.
Hardware end-of-life policy
The following items apply to Code42's hardware products:
- Hardware is supported for up to five years (60 months) from the purchase date, provided hardware maintenance and support is purchased annually.
- Code42 will not generate quotes for hardware models within 60 days of model end-of-sale date.
- When a hardware model has reached end-of-support, spares, replacement parts, and maintenance contracts for the hardware are no longer available.
- Maintenance contracts for hardware are not renewable after the end-of-support date.
- Customers may choose to refresh their hardware by the end-of-support date to continue to receive uninterrupted support.
- Code42 requires customers to purchase hardware maintenance and remote monitoring services throughout the life of the hardware. Maintenance and monitoring services can be purchased for five years (60 months) in one-year increments, beginning on the purchase date of the hardware.
For more information about support for hardware end-of-life, see the Code42 enterprise support policy.
- end-of-life date
The last day that a product is supported according to terms of Code42 support plans.
- end-of-life period
The period of time beginning with the day Code42 announces a product will be discontinued or a new version is released until the last date that the product is formally supported by Code42. Generally, once the end-of-life period begins, enhancements are not made; only security fixes are available.
- end-of-sale date
The date when a product is no longer available for purchase from Code42 or its authorized resellers. This date also establishes the end-of-life date for hardware and some software product lines.
Access to maintenance, remote monitoring and the Code42 Customer Champion Team is no longer available. Patches, bug fixes, repair actions, and parts replacements are no longer available to products that have reached end-of-support. All hardware reaches end-of-support when non-renewed, or at the end of year five (60 months beyond purchase date), whichever is first.
Equipment (including its physical components) purchased from Code42 or a Code42-authorized agent. Hardware may also be referred to as “appliance.”
Any good or service produced or provided by Code42.
- purchase date
The date that an order for hardware was processed by Code42.
- under maintenance
The time period that remote monitoring and hardware support are available from Code42.
Updates to this document
This Hardware End-Of-Life Policy document should not be interpreted as a legally binding commitment, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up-to-date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied, or statutory, by posting such documents, or about the information in such documents.