Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, no.
Link: Product plans and features.
In order to maintain the best service, Code42 supports specific versions of CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) software. As described in the Product Lifecycle Policy, this supported version policy is more restrictive than the general policy of supporting the two most current major software versions. This article names the specific versions of the Code42 app that are required for CrashPlan for Small Business, as well as the supported and unsupported operating systems for the currently-supported versions of the Code42 app.
Code42 cloud endpoint version policy
- Code42 requires that customers use the latest supported version of the Code42 app. Previous versions must be upgraded by the dates established in this policy. Identify your version of the Code42 app to ensure you are using an up-to-date version.
- When a new version of the Code42 app is available, Code42 automatically upgrades all devices that meet the system requirements for the new version.
- When a new version of the Code42 app no longer supports use on an operating system, Code42 announces an end-of-support date for the Code42 app on that operating system. Code42 strives to announce the end-of-support date 45 days in advance.
Endpoint version requirements
|Code42 app versions||Status|
|4.8 and earlier||Not supported|
Supported operating system versions
The following reference guide is intended as a summary of operating systems supported for the currently-supported versions of the Code42 app. See CrashPlan for Small Business requirements for a complete listing of minimum requirements for the Code42 app.
Alpha, beta, and other pre-release operating systems are not supported. Only the specific operating system versions listed on this page are supported.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- macOS Mojave 10.14
- macOS High Sierra 10.13
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 14.04
Previously supported operating system versions
The following operating systems were previously supported for the Code42 app, but are no longer supported.
|Operating system||Last supported Code42 app version|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3||6.8|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2||6.8|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1||6.8|
|OS X El Capitan 10.11||6.8|
|OS X Yosemite 10.10||6.8|
|OS X Mavericks 10.9||6.8|
|Windows Vista Service Pack 2||
|Windows Server 2012||4.7|
|Windows Server 2008||4.7|
|Windows Server 2003||4.2|
|OS X Mountain Lion 10.8||
|OS X Lion 10.7.5||
|Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6||4.21|
|Mac OS X Leopard 10.5||3.6.4|
|Mac OS X Tiger 10.4||3.2|
1 Some computers running version 4.2 automatically upgraded to version 4.3. Computers that automatically upgraded were supported through version 4.3.