Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
The Windows Phone operating system is being retired as a supported platform for Code42 products, beginning with major software version 4.0. This article explains what Windows Phone platform retirement means to current customers who have Code42 products installed on Windows Phone devices.
Code42's CrashPlan family of products supports the Windows Phone operating system for all CrashPlan version 3 series software releases. Code42 will not develop software for the Windows Phone operating system for any major version of Code42 products beyond major version 3.
- Code42 is committed to testing, maintaining, and supporting all installations of the most current CrashPlan version 3 software on supported versions of the Windows Phone operating system until CrashPlan version 3 software reaches end of support.
- Existing installations of the most current CrashPlan version 3 software on the Windows Phone operating system can continue utilizing Code42 cloud services throughout the entire CrashPlan version 3 software lifecycle.
- The Windows Phone operating system will not be able to run or install CrashPlan version 4.0 software.
- There will be no path for existing CrashPlan version 3 software on the Windows Phone operating system to upgrade to CrashPlan version 4.0 or later.
- CrashPlan version 3 software on the Windows Phone operating system may not be compatible with all later releases of CrashPlan on other operating systems.
- Code42 product
Any good or service produced or provided by Code42.
- CrashPlan version 3
All CrashPlan, CrashPlan for Small Business, and Code42 for Enterprise endpoint, server, and cloud software versions, beginning with major software version 3.0, and including all subsequent 3.x software versions.
- major software version
Code42 uses four designations for software versions:
- Major software versions contain large features and changes to functionality. Major version numbers are one digit (and a zero), such as 4.0 or 5.0.
- Minor software versions contain smaller features and enhancements to existing functionality. Minor version numbers are two digits, such as 3.6 or 4.2.
- Maintenance software versions contain bug fixes and other small changes. Maintenance version numbers are three digits, such as 4.3.5 or 5.1.2.
- Patch software versions contain bug fixes or other corrections that must be addressed before the next scheduled release point. Patch version numbers are four digits, such as 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
- most current CrashPlan version 3 software
The most recently released CrashPlan version 3 software, as specified by Release Notes.
- product lifecycle
The processes surrounding the introduction, growth and maturity of a product. The product lifecycle includes a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. See Code42's Product lifecycle policy for additional information.
- Windows Phone operating system
All versions of the Windows Phone mobile operating system developed by Microsoft for use with mobile phones.
- Supported versions of the Windows Phone platform
Windows Phone operating system versions 7.5 and 8.
Updates to this document
The Windows Phone Platform Retirement document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.