Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Solaris is being retired as a supported platform for Code42 products, beginning with major software version 4.0. This article explains what Solaris platform retirement means to current customers that have Code42 products installed on Solaris and OpenSolaris systems.
- Code42 product
- Any product or software developed or sold by Code42, including, but not limited to, CrashPlan and SharePlan.
- CrashPlan version 3
- All CrashPlan, CrashPlan for Small Business, and Code42 for Enterprise endpoint, server, and cloud software versions, beginning with major software version 3.0, and including all subsequent 3.x software versions.
- major software version
- A significant software version that is defined as x.0. Example: 4.0.
- most current CrashPlan version 3 software
- The most recently released CrashPlan version 3 software, as specified by Release Notes.
- product lifecycle
- The processes surrounding the introduction, growth and maturity of a product. The product lifecycle includes a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. See Code42's Product Lifecycle Policy for additional information.
- Solaris platform
- Oracle Solaris and OpenSolaris software.
- Supported versions of the Solaris platform
- Oracle Solaris or OpenSolaris software, version 10, installed on systems with Intel-based processors.
Code42's CrashPlan family of products support the Solaris platform for all CrashPlan version 3 series software releases. Code42 will not develop software for the Solaris platform for any major version of Code42 products beyond major version 3.
- Code42 is committed to testing, maintaining, and supporting all installations of the most current CrashPlan version 3 software on supported versions of the Solaris platform, until CrashPlan version 3 reaches end of support, per Code42 software lifecycle policy.
- Existing installations of the most current CrashPlan version 3 software on the Solaris platform can continue utilizing Code42 cloud services throughout the entire CrashPlan version 3 software lifecycle.
- Beginning with major software version 4.0, new versions of Code42 products will not be available on or supported for the Solaris platform.
- There will be no path for existing CrashPlan version 3 software on the Solaris platform to upgrade to major software version 4.0 or newer versions of Code42 products.
Updates to this document
The Solaris Platform Retirement document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.