- Code42 for Enterprise
The Mac platform is being retired as a supported operating system for the Code42 server. Version 5.4.x is the last supported Code42 server version for Mac operating systems. This article explains what retirement of Code42 servers on Mac means to current customers who have Code42 servers installed on Mac operating systems.
This change does not affect Code42 apps. Code42 apps are still supported on Mac devices.
Code42 servers running on Mac operating systems.
Mac Code42 server retirement
Version 5.4 of the Code42 server, released in November 2016, is the last supported version for Mac operating systems. Code42 will not develop Code42 server software for Mac operating systems for any major version of Code42 products beyond major version 5.
- Code42 is committed to testing, maintaining, and supporting installations of the most current version 5 Code42 server software on supported versions of Mac operating systems until the version 5 software reaches end of support.
- Existing installations of the most current version 5 Code42 server software on Mac can continue utilizing Code42 cloud services through the entire version 5 software lifecycle.
- Mac operating systems will not be able to run or install version 6.0 of the Code42 server software.
- There will be no path for existing version 5 Code42 server software on Mac to upgrade to version 6.0 or later.
- The version 5 Code42 server software on Mac may not be compatible with later releases of Code42 for Enterprise on other operating systems.
- Code42 product
Any good or service produced or provided by Code42.
- major software version
Code42 uses four designations for software versions:
- Major software versions contain large features and changes to functionality. Major version numbers are one digit (and a zero), such as 4.0 or 5.0.
- Minor software versions contain smaller features and enhancements to existing functionality. Minor version numbers are two digits, such as 3.6 or 4.2.
- Maintenance software versions contain bug fixes and other small changes. Maintenance version numbers are three digits, such as 4.3.5 or 5.1.2.
- Patch software versions contain bug fixes or other corrections that must be addressed before the next scheduled release point. Patch version numbers are four digits, such as 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199.
- product lifecycle
The processes surrounding the introduction, growth and maturity of a product. The product lifecycle includes a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. See Code42's Product lifecycle policy for additional information.
Updates to this document
The Platform Retirement For Code42 Servers On Mac document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied, or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.