- Code42 for Enterprise
Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 is being retired as a supported operating system for Code42 products. This article explains what Mac OS X 10.6 retirement means to current customers who have Code42 products installed on this operating system.
- Code42 app
- Code42 server
This policy applies to Code42 for Enterprise. If you use another product:
- CrashPlan for Small Business: See our CrashPlan for Small Business Software Version Policy.
- CrashPlan for Home: See our CrashPlan for Home Software Version Policy on our CrashPlan for Home support site.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 retirement
Version 4.3.x of the Code42 app and the Code42 server, released in August 2015, are the last supported versions for computers running Mac OS X 10.6. Additionally, the end-of-support date for Mac OS X 10.6 is March 31, 2016. This means that on that date, Code42 will stop providing support for our software on computers and servers running Mac OS X 10.6.
- Computers running Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer receive automatic upgrades to the Code42 app.
- There will be no supported path to upgrade existing installations of the Code42 server on Mac OS X 10.6 after version 4.3.x.
- After the end of support date, our Customer Champion team can no longer guarantee assistance with issues arising from your use of the Code42 app or Code42 server on Mac OS X 10.6.
- After the end of support date, Code42 cannot guarantee that our products will operate without issues on Mac OS X 10.6.
Frequently asked questions
Code42 strives to continually innovate and evolve our solutions in order to provide customers with richer functionality and more robust products. For this reason, we cannot continue to support operating systems that are no longer supported or updated by their manufacturer.
When the next version of the Code42 app is released, we will post an announcement to our Support Forum. Additionally, you can always find up-to-date information about supported operating systems in the CrashPlan and Code42 server system requirements.
To continue receiving software updates and support for future releases of Code42 software, you must upgrade your operating system to a supported version.
To continue receiving software updates and support for future releases of Code42 software, you must upgrade the operating systems of Code42 servers and devices in your Code42 environment to a supported version.
If you have any questions, contact our Customer Champions for Code42 for Enterprise support or CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) support.
Updates to this document
The Platform Retirement And End Of Support For Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.