Beginning February 11, 2021, the Code42 app is supported on Macs with the Apple M1 chip. System requirements and additional details are listed below.
- macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and later
- Code42 cloud: Code42 app version 8.5.0 and later (includes CrashPlan for Small Business)
- On-premises: Code42 app version 8.2.1 and later
- You may be prompted to install Rosetta 2 the first time you open the Code42 app. Rosetta 2 is required for Code42 app compatibility with M1 devices.
- M1 devices may temporarily exhibit high CPU usage for several minutes after the device or the Code42 service is restarted.
- In the Code42 console, the operating system version for M1 devices may appear as macOS 10.16, instead of macOS 11. This is a display issue only.
- The Code42 app is not supported on other devices with ARM-based architectures, such as the Raspberry Pi.