Beginning February 11, 2021, Code42 apps are supported on Macs with the Apple M1 chip. System requirements and additional details are listed below.
- All insider risk agent versions are optimized for M1 support. For more details, see our system requirements.
- macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and later
- Code42 app version 8.5.0 and later
- In the Code42 console, the operating system version for M1 devices may appear as macOS 10.16, instead of macOS 11. This is a display issue only.
- Code42 apps are not supported on other devices with ARM-based architectures, such as the Raspberry Pi.
- M1 devices are supported by all current Code42 apps, but compatibility details vary based on your product plan and Code42 app version.
- Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2: The insider risk agent is optimized for M1 devices. It does not use the Rosetta translation process.
- Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1:
- Version 10.3.0 and later: The Code42 app is optimized for M1 devices. It does not use the Rosetta translation process.
- Versions 8.8.2 - 8.8.5: A separate installer optimized for Apple Silicon (M1) devices is available from the App Downloads screen in the Code42 console. The primary functions of the app do not use the Rosetta translation process.
- Version 8.5.0 - 8.8.1: Rosetta 2 is required for Code42 app compatibility with M1 devices. You may be prompted to install Rosetta 2 the first time you open the Code42 app. In addition, M1 devices may temporarily exhibit high CPU usage for several minutes after the device or the Code42 service is restarted.