- CrashPlan PROe
The CrashPlan mobile app is retired as a supported version of Code42 products on May 15, 2018. This article explains what CrashPlan mobile app retirement means to customers who are currently using this product.
CrashPlan mobile app users should install and use the Code42 desktop app instead. For supported Code42 desktop app versions, see:
- Code42 for Enterprise: Code42 version policy.
- CrashPlan for Small Business: CrashPlan for Small Business software version policy.
- Code42 product
Any good or service produced or provided by Code42.
- CrashPlan mobile app
- Includes all versions of the CrashPlan mobile app.
- product lifecycle
The processes surrounding the introduction, growth and maturity of a product. The product lifecycle includes a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. See Code42's Product lifecycle policy for additional information.
All versions of the CrashPlan mobile app.
CrashPlan mobile app
The CrashPlan mobile app reaches end of support on May 15, 2018. This means that after this date:
- The CrashPlan mobile app is no longer operational. No file downloads are possible with the CrashPlan mobile app.
- Devices running the CrashPlan mobile app no longer receive upgrades or patches for the CrashPlan mobile app, including critical security patches.
- Our Customer Champion team can no longer guarantee assistance with issues arising from the use of the CrashPlan mobile app.
- Code42 cannot guarantee that the CrashPlan mobile app will operate without issues.
Please refer to the Product lifecycle policy document for our general end-of-support policy.
Frequently asked questions
Code42 innovates and evolves our solutions to provide customers with richer functionality and more robust products. As part of this ongoing evolution, certain Code42 products, including software, will reach the end of their lives. With customer usage of the CrashPlan mobile app in decline, we have decided to revisit where mobile devices fit within our customers' data strategy to determine the best way to meet their needs.
Device backup remains unaffected. Your users can still install and use the desktop version of the Code42 app to protect their files. However, Code42 no longer provides an app for mobile devices.
If you have any questions, contact our Customer Champions.
Updates to this document
The End of support for the CrashPlan mobile app document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.