Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article describes how to learn which version of the Code42 app or CrashPlan for Small Business app you are using.
Why does the version matter?
The functionality of your Code42 software can differ greatly depending on the version. You should know the exact version when you:
Identify your app's version number
Identify the precise version number of your app as follows:
- Open the Code42 app or CrashPlan for Small Business app.
- From the menu bar for your operating system:
- Windows: Click Help > About Code42
- Mac: Click Code42 CrashPlan > About Code42
- Linux: Click Help > About Code42
- Note the version shown.
On older Code42 apps
In versions 4.x and earlier (which are no longer supported), a Code42 app reported its version number as follows:
- Open the CrashPlan app.
- Go to Settings > Account.
- From Version, note the digits shown.
Identify the correct support article version
To ensure that the support article matches the Code42 app software you're using, choose your app version at the top of the article: