- CrashPlan for Small Business
This article explains how to get support for CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) from Code42.
If you use another Code42 product:
How to contact us for CrashPlan for Small Business support
|Support Method||Contact Information||Hours|
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
|Chat Support||Chat now||
Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Recommended only for urgent issues
Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
To diagnose your issue as quickly as possible, include the following information in your request:
- Product name (CrashPlan for Home or CrashPlan for Small Business)
- Operating system and version
- Software version of the Code42 app
- Computer ID (GUID) of affected devices
- Logs from the Code42 app
- Email address (or username) of affected user accounts
- Detailed description of the question or problem
- Screenshots of relevant settings or error messages
- Cloud backup destinations that you use (CrashPlan Central or the Code42 cloud)
We also offer the opportunity to chat directly with a Customer Champion. Click the Chat now link above or the chat icon at the right side of any page of this support site.
Contact a Customer Champion by telephone if your issue is urgent, such as being unable restore files or adopt a device. All calls are answered in the order in which they are received. You will be given a ticket number for referencing your specific issue for subsequent updates.
How we handle support requests
Our Customer Champions actively monitor and triage incoming support requests. Tickets are addressed according to severity of the issue.
Customer Champions try to update tickets at least once every business day. Depending on the severity, responses may be made more frequently.
Support severity levels
Here is how our Customer Champions determine severity when prioritizing support tickets:
1 - Critical
|You cannot reasonably continue your work. You experience a complete loss of service and/or encounter one of the following scenarios: |
2 - High
You experience a severe loss of service. Operations can continue in a restricted fashion, although long-term productivity might be adversely affected and there is no temporary workaround.
3 - Medium
You experience a minor loss of service, which results in a partial, non-critical loss of functionality of the software. The impact is an inconvenience, which may require a workaround to restore functionality.
4 - Low
You request information, report a documentation error, or a recommend a product improvement, but there is little to no impact on the operation of the software.
Automatic ticket closure
When a Customer Champion provides a response to a submitted ticket, one of two changes occurs:
- The ticket is marked Solved if the Customer Champion provides a solution to the original issue.
- After three days, the solved ticket is automatically marked as Closed. If you respond before the ticket is closed, the ticket is marked as Open for additional work with our Customer Champion team.
- If you reply to a closed ticket, our ticketing system creates a new follow-up ticket.
- The ticket is marked Pending if the Customer Champion requires additional input from you.
- After seven days, the pending ticket is automatically marked as Solved, as explained above.
When a ticket is marked as Solved, you receive an automated notification email.
Customer satisfaction survey
We send a customer satisfaction survey after a support ticket is closed. We appreciate your feedback! It helps us provide more effective support.
Occasionally, you may find that a support ticket must be escalated. We understand that your data is extremely important and access can be time-sensitive. You can request a ticket escalation by:
- Updating your support ticket from our ticketing system
- Calling our support line
- Chatting with a Customer Champion
Include your ticket number, the reason for escalation, and the severity of the issue, as well as any added contact information that will help us serve you better.
A Customer Champion manager reviews the request as quickly and efficiently as possible, evaluates the situation, and determines an appropriate action. This may require a direct conversation with the manager, or the support ticket may be reassigned to another Customer Champion.
You must use the most recent version of the Code42 app. Code42 upgrades your Code42 apps automatically. For more information, refer to Code42's supported version policy for CrashPlan for Small Business.
Use the identified support methods for requesting services and clearly explain the nature of the issue or request for help. When our Customer Champions need you to assist in order to resolve the problem or complete your request, be available at the agreed-upon time.
File a bug
If you discover a behavior that may be a software bug, submit a support ticket to our Customer Champion team. Include the steps taken to replicate the unexpected behavior.
If we identify the behavior as a bug, we will file an internal report. The resolution of the bug will depend on its severity and scope, as well as the current state of our development cycle.