- CrashPlan PROe
Version 4.1 of the administration console has been updated to help you manage CrashPlan and SharePlan from a single, more streamlined interface. This article is a guide to help orient administrators to the changes introduced in version 4.1.
Changes To The Administration Console
Unified SharePlan Management
To help you better understand how CrashPlan PROe and SharePlan are used in your environment, the administration console now shows the software service used by each device, organization, and user.
Devices now includes an additional column, Service, indicating whether each archive is used for CrashPlan or SharePlan .
Organizations And Users
To provide greater visibility into the services used by each Organization and User, both overviews now break out the former Devices column by Share (count of SharePlan devices) and Backup (count of CrashPlan devices).
Device Settings Changed To Device Backup Settings
To better distinguish between backup and sync & share settings, labels for backup-specific device settings are now relabeled Device Backup.
In Organization > Details, Device Defaults is now Device Backup Defaults:
The Dashboard is now reorganized to better help you anticipate licensing needs, identify usage patterns, and monitor storage consumption on all of your destinations. Additionally, the dashboard now dynamically resizes based on your browser window size to display varying numbers of graphs.
The dashboard graphs are divided into three sets:
- Licensing is now located at the top of the Dashboard so that licenses nearing expiration are given higher visibility. Additionally, the information is broken out by service: CrashPlan License Coverage and SharePlan License Coverage.
- Usage shows how your users interact with CrashPlan and SharePlan and lets you quickly identify users with large archives.
- Destinations shows your server's storage use over time to help you plan for adding storage capacity.
- Added Service, Share, and Backup columns to distinguish between CrashPlan and SharePlan archives
- Relabeled columns to distinguish between backup activity and sharing activity:
- Last Activity is now Last Backup Activity
- Progress is now Backup Progress
- Removed columns that didn't contribute to administrator actions from the Overview:
The Licensing overview shows your purchased licenses for both CrashPlan and SharePlan. Licensing information is now divided to show licenses for each product separately.
You can also Purchase Licenses from this page when you see that some or all of your licenses are about to expire.