- CrashPlan for Small Business
- CrashPlan PROe
Unified Code42 Platform
All of Code42's products are built upon a unified platform. To emphasize this, the following changes were made:
- The administration console sign-in screen has a new look and feel, and now uses Code42 branding. There is no change to the CrashPlan app. The CrashPlan app continues to say CrashPlan for Small Business.
- Wording throughout the administration console has been updated to use the Code42 name and logo, where appropriate.
- As of October 1, 2014, there are changes to the CrashPlan for Small Business trial sign-up experience:
- CrashPlan for Small Business is now referred to as the Code42 public cloud.
- The welcome email sent after signing up for a CrashPlan public cloud trial has been updated.
Enhancements & Fixes
- Search now displays "No results found" if your query returns no results.
- Performance improvements to several types of searches and list view sorts.
- Updated and streamlined the default subject and message in user invites.
- Updated translations.
- Updated wording for better consistency with the CrashPlan app.
- Triggering the Verify file selection scan from the administration console now behaves exactly the same as issuing the scan from the CrashPlan app. The CrashPlan app now performs the deleted files check in both cases.
- List views now properly scroll horizontally.
- Administrators and users now each have role-specific welcome messages when signing in to the administration console.
- Corrected an issue preventing web restore in rare cases.
- Push restore now correctly displays the restore size by file size and number of files.
- Internet Explorer 11 no longer crashes when viewing certain screens.
- The Edit User form no longer behaves unexpectedly if you enter information into a field before the form is auto-populated with the user's information.
- Restore history print view no longer displays an errant calendar in certain situations.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Security updates.
- Email backup reports are now sent to valid email addresses, even if one or more org managers do not have an email address configured in the user account.
- Improvements to logging.
Fixes For Provider Environments Using Code42 Public Cloud Storage
The following fixes correct issues experienced in CrashPlan PROe or SharePlan environments that utilize the Code42 public cloud storage in a provider configuration.
- "Destination request failed" error no longer occurs when destinations are no longer offered to a provider organization.
- Improvements to data balancing of SharePlan archives.
- Improvements to the provider sync process.
- Devices now stop backing up when a provider destination is no longer offered to the user.
There is a known issue affecting hybrid environments and public cloud environments with keys on-premises. For environments in either of these configurations, we recommend upgrading all private Code42 servers running version 4.1.3, 4.1.4, or 4.1.5 to version 18.104.22.168.