- CrashPlan PROe
The administration console sign in screen has a new look and feel.
Unified CrashPlan And SharePlan Management
To help you better understand how CrashPlan PROe and SharePlan are used in your environment, the administration console now shows the software service used by each device, organization, and user.
Administration Console Logo
The CrashPlan PROe logo has been replaced by the Code42 logo.
The welcome message that is displayed when you first sign in contains download links for the SharePlan app in addition to the CrashPlan app.
Devices includes an additional column, Service, indicating whether each archive is used for CrashPlan or SharePlan .
Plans allows you to view and manage SharePlan plans. You can:
- View active and inactive plans
- Add plans
- Add and remove users from plans
- Activate and deactivate plans
Secure Link Sharing Settings For SharePlan
Configure Sharing settings to enable or disable link sharing, require PIN protection, control download behavior, set the maximum age per link, and set the maximum uses per link. See Settings > Organizations > Sharing or Organizations > Organization > Action Menu > Edit > Sharing for details.
Device Settings Changed To Device Backup Settings
To better distinguish between backup and sync & share settings, labels for backup-specific device settings are relabeled Device Backup.
In Organization > Details, Device Defaults is now Device Backup Defaults:
The administration console's Licensing tool allows you to purchase and apply licenses from within your administration console. The web-enabled licensing tool communicates with Code42's licensing store to:
- Securely purchase licenses
- Apply them to your Code42 environment
- Provide purchase recommendations to consolidate start and expiration dates
- Review the full list of current, past, and future licenses associated with your Code42 environment
If your master server cannot connect to the Code42 licensing store or your Code42 environment has perpetual licenses, the administration console displays the Local Licensing view instead.
Web Restore Limit
The behavior of the Web restore limit has changed. A value of 0 disables web restores for users. Previously, a value of 0 indicated an "unlimited" setting.
The upgrade process automatically converts your existing settings so that your web restore behavior will be the same before and after the upgrade to 4.1.4.
For example, in version 4.1.4, the settings shown below:
- Completely disable web restores for users
- Allow organization administrators to perform web restores for an unlimited amount of data
The Dashboard is reorganized to better help you anticipate licensing needs, identify usage patterns, and monitor storage consumption on all of your destinations. Additionally, the dashboard now dynamically resizes based on your browser window size to display varying numbers of graphs.
The dashboard graphs are divided into three sets:
- Licensing is located at the top of the Dashboard so that licenses nearing expiration are given higher visibility. Additionally, the information is broken out by service: CrashPlan License Coverage and SharePlan License Coverage.
- Usage shows how many users are currently interacting with CrashPlan and SharePlan archives and lets you quickly identify unusually large archives.
- Destinations shows your server's storage use over time to help you plan for adding storage capacity.
- Added Service, Share, and Backup columns to distinguish between CrashPlan and SharePlan archives
- Relabeled columns to distinguish between backup activity and sharing activity:
- Last Activity is now Last Backup Activity
- Progress is now Backup Progress
- Removed columns that didn't contribute to administrator actions from the Overview:
Destinations displays two new statistics to visualize the current usage of your Code42 environment:
- Connections shows the number of devices that are currently connected to your Code42 environment
- Open Archives shows the number of archives that are currently being accessed for backup or sync and share activity
Device Details shows the size of the backup selection on that device, helping you identify misconfigured devices or troubleshoot issues.