Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
CrashPlan version 3.5.3 is a minor maintenance release that contains several enhancements and fixes.
For CrashPlan PRO users, your software will upgrade automatically and no action is required on your part. However, there may be a delay of up to 48 hours for your installation to upgrade.
Admin Defined LAN And WAN Networks
Administrators can now define the IP address range for LAN and WAN networks. These network overrides provide more control over how your users consume your network bandwidth. Add your VPN address range to WAN settings to reduce bandwidth usage over the VPN.
New Role: Org Helpdesk
The Org Helpdesk role enables your helpdesk staff to perform a push restore to a user's device, without requiring web restore permission. This enables tighter control over which of your IT staff have access to user data.
Last Activity Statistic
For better clarity, the Last Activity statistic now always indicates the time that has passed since the device last sent backup data to the destination. A separate statistic, Last Backup, now displays the time that has passed since the device completed a full backup.
- All console detail pages now standardized with info box to the top of the pane
- Added a warning message to the console when removing files from a specific device's file selection or when adding exclusions to a specific device's file selection
- Dashboard's user widget now displays number of licensed users and number of licensed devices
- Improved accuracy of Dashboard statistics
- Users are now able to change their own usernames
- X-axis labels on dashboard graphs now correctly display in all cases
- Linux: Installers now work with Java 1.7 for PRO / PROe Client and PROe Server
- Mac: Corrected issue where some types of metadata were not being restored properly when restoring from the CrashPlan PRO desktop/ PROe Client
- Fixed issue preventing open file backup via VSS
- Improved handling of 8.3 file names
- System tray icon updated
- Improvements to cold storage cleanup when purge date expires (enterprise only)
- Corrected permissions for Org Admin users in PROe Cloud deployments (enterprise only)
Enterprise Maintenance Update 188.8.131.52
Maintenance update 184.108.40.206 includes new PROe Server installers and new upgrade files for upgrading from version 3.5.1 or 3.5.2 to version 220.127.116.11.
The new upgrade files correct the following issue specifically related to the Storage server upgrade process:
- Immediately after the upgrade to version 3.5.3, Storage servers in certain cases fail to restart. (Full details)
If your Storage servers were affected by this issue and do not start following the 3.5.3 upgrade, you must contact Support for a resolution.
If your environment successfully upgraded to version 3.5.3 and your Storage servers restarted at the end of the upgrade process, take no action. There is no upgrade path from 3.5.3 to 18.104.22.168.
PROe Server version 22.214.171.124 is compatible with PROe Client version 3.4.1, 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. PROe Client version 3.5.3 is the current version of the PROe Client software.