- CrashPlan for Small Business
- CrashPlan PROe
CrashPlan version 3.5.2 is a minor release that includes a number of enhancements and fixes.
For CrashPlan PRO users, your software will upgrade automatically and no action is required on your part. However, there may be a delay of up a few days for your devices to upgrade.
Important information for Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) users:
Official support for running CrashPlan on Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) has ended. CrashPlan will not upgrade to version 3.5.2 on Macs running Tiger. Backups and restores will continue to function. Please view full details in our Announcements forum.
Webinar - What's New In Version 3.5.2
Find out more about what’s new in the latest version of CrashPlan PROe. In this free, 1 hour webinar, you'll get important information about upgrading to the new release (including best practices). You’ll also learn about new features, where to find them, and when and how to use them. In addition, we’ll cover bugs addressed in this release and how these changes can affect your backup and users.
Update: The webinar was conducted on March 7 and is now available for viewing or download. View "What's New In Version 3.5.2" recording.
Controlled PROe Client Upgrades With Manual Testing
Administrators now have the ability to control exactly when PROe Client devices upgrade following a PROe Server upgrade. Version 3.5.2 also includes the ability to test the PROe Client upgrade by sending the upgrade to select devices, before allowing all PROe Client devices to upgrade.
- Java 7 Support*
- OS X Retina Display Support
- Updated translations for Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional)
- For custom Windows PROe Clients, added ability to set org registration key via CP_ARGS (enterprise only)
*Java version 1.7.0_06-b24 and later (details)
- Corrected display of backup set names when names have hanging characters
- Improvements to Adopt a Computer when performing a cross-platform adoption
- Mac menubar no longer disappears after the system wakes from sleep
- Fixed an issue with web restore affecting some users
- Added warning message when upgrading security to 448-bit custom key when entered key is less than 448-bits
- You now receive a prompt when you change your custom 448-bit encryption key (enterprise only)
- Help link in Adopt another computer window now goes to the correct documentation and no longer displays an error
- You now receive a prompt when you change your custom 448-bit encryption key
- CrashPlan no longer says “Cannot connect to the backup engine” occasionally after installation
- Solaris 10 installs no longer generate SWT exceptions
- Clicking files or folders from PROe Client's file selection widget on Windows 7 and Windows 8 now successfully opens Windows Explorer (enterprise only)
- Console remote file selection is now able to use file path variables (e.g. :user)
- Improvements to synchronization when changing primary network address (enterprise only)
- Corrected help link in PROe Client's adopt dialog (enterprise only)
- PROe Client now displays an error when attempting to sign in via SSO if SSO authentication is not enabled on the PROe Server (enterprise only)
- General console UI improvements when viewing on 1024×768 resolution screens
- Console UI now updates correctly when removing an LDAP server from Settings > Security (enterprise only)
- You are now able to copy and paste a username into the console login screen when using Chrome and Safari
- Destination's GUID no longer appears in the Device Detail view next to the destination name
- Locking device file selection now correctly displays in the PROe Client as locked immediately in all cases
- In Device list, Action Menu is now always enabled when viewing devices that have been re-activated
- Web restore error box now correctly disappears when the message is closed (business only)
- Initial passwords for invited users now allow the user to log in without requiring administrator action (enterprise only)
- Correction to restore stats for PROe Public Cloud restores in hybrid environments (enterprise only)
- Users with the Org Admin role can now change quota and web restore limit values for their child orgs only (enterprise only)
- Corrected issue where archives in cold storage were not correctly purged after the purge date (enterprise only)
- Storage server console no longer incorrectly displays user licensing widget on the Dashboard (enterprise only)
- Updates to API documentation (apidocviewer) (enterprise only)
- LDAP edit screen now correctly presents a single red X when the bind password fails (enterprise only)
- Style fixes to Organization Settings > Quotas and Reports (enterprise only)
- Licensing screen now correctly remembers proper tab when adding a product license key or updating info (enterprise only)
- Customized Mac PROe Client installer userInfo.sh now correctly reads customized materials in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/custom (enterprise only)
- TCP packet QoS device settings now use the label TCP packet QoS and DSCP settings