- CrashPlan for Small Business
- CrashPlan PROe
November 15, 2012
This release of CrashPlan PROe includes support for Single User Sign-on (SSO) using Shibboleth. It also includes the ability to have storage nodes upgrade automatically. In addition, this release contains numerous improvements, performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Important! PROe Server version 3.4.1 supports Java version 6 only. If your PROe Server's host system is running Java 5, you must upgrade the host system to Java 6 before upgrading to CrashPlan PROe version 3.4.1. Download Java 6 from Oracle's site.
Any OS that does not support Java 6, which includes Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, is incompatible with PROe Server version 3.4.1. If PROe Server is installed on Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5, your PROe Server cannot be upgraded to 3.4.1.
PROe Clients are unaffected. PROe Client version 3.4.1 continues to support Java 5 and Java 6.
Organizations utilizing SAML 2.0-based Single Sign-On technologies such as Shibboleth can now integrate CrashPlan PROe with those systems. When SSO is enabled in CrashPlan PROe, organizations are able to centrally control all authentication - users never enter a password into the CrashPlan desktop or the console and CrashPlan PROe delegates all authentication and authorization to the organization's Identity Provider. Enterprise only.
Automatic upgrade of storage servers
With version 3.4.1 comes automatic upgrade functionality for storage servers. Administrators must upgrade all servers individually to 3.4.1. Future storage server upgrades will be automatic - the admin upgrades the Master server (e.g. from version 3.4.1 to 3.4.2), then storage servers will upgrade automatically. Enterprise only.
64-bit support for PROe Server on Windows
There is now a 64-bit PROe Server installer for Windows. Enterprise only.
Windows 8 compatability
The CrashPlan PRO application is compatible with Windows 8 in the Windows 8 desktop mode. Business only.
- Proxy server support - Support for network environments that require network traffic to route through a proxy server. (business only)
- Re-inheriting offered destinations no longer removes destination from devices (enterprise only)
- Admins are now able to set auto-start option after upgrading (enterprise only)
- Auto-start and offered destinations stay in sync (enterprise only)
- When moving a user to a new org, the Destinations Online list displays all the destinations in the new org (enterprise only)
- Changing the archive password no longer results in creating a new custom key in some situations
- Both passwords entries must now match when user registers PROe Client (enterprise only)
- Locking backup sets no longer results in the loss of the default set (enterprise only)
- Web Restore can now handle apostrophes in directory and file names
- Backup Report will now skip entries with a delta of zero
- It is now possible to clear proxy settings (enterprise only)
- Server settings dialog no longer accumulates multiple system errors (enterprise only)
- Smart search improvements
- Internationalization for the Mac menu bar
- Web restores no longer error in certain situations when the backup archive resides on a storage server
- Push restores no longer error in certain situations when the backup archive resides on a storage server (enterprise only)
- Adding a user from the User List screen in certain situations no longer gives a system error
- Hybrid Cloud deployments - Corrected synching of data between 220.127.116.11 and PROe Cloud (enterprise only)
- Hybrid Cloud deployments - Removed requirement to validate connection between PROe Cloud and other Master (enterprise only)
- General performance enhancements and improvements
Maintenance Update 18.104.22.168
Version 22.214.171.124 is a server-side patch release that addresses the following issues:
- Resolved caching issues regarding Licensing screen's Client seats - In Use calculation
- Changes to better handle Web Restore when the backup archive resides on a storage server
- Clean-up for devices that were affected by the balancing issue corrected in version 126.96.36.199
- Improvements to the Device Backup Alerts count displayed in the left navigation menu
- Fixed edge case issue with LDAP synchronization and non-LDAP orgs
- Fixed issue with the Organizations list view, which prevented the list from loading under some circumstances
- Server startup no longer blocks if a configured store point is unavailable at startup time
- Fixed issue occurring in certain LDAP configurations where you cannot add a second device to an existing user
188.8.131.52 is a cumulative update that includes all changes released under previous 3.4.1.x maintenance updates. Any 3.3.x or 3.4.1.x version can be upgraded to 184.108.40.206.
Maintenance Update 220.127.116.11
Version 18.104.22.168 is a server-side patch release that addresses the following issues:
- Server in “Secure Keystore” mode now correctly allocates encryption keys to clients
- Server no longer displays archive corruption alerts in the alert count on the Store Points tab
22.214.171.124 is a cumulative update that includes all changes released under previous 3.4.1.x maintenance updates. Any 3.3.x or 3.4.1.x version can be upgraded to 126.96.36.199.
Maintenance Update 188.8.131.52
Version 184.108.40.206 is a server-side patch release that addresses the following issues:
- Fix for balance issue when clients and master are both disconnected
- Length limit for LDAP search string has been extended from 200 characters to 1000 characters
- Fix for unblocking an org with children
This update can be applied to either 3.4.1 or 220.127.116.11.
Maintenance Update 18.104.22.168
Version 22.214.171.124 is a server-side patch release that addresses the following issues:
- Resolved errors generated in certain situations during restore to device
- Data balancer now better handles archives in cold storage
- Archives on storage servers for deactivated users now correctly remain in cold storage
- Improvements to the sync process
- Fix for handling of removed Destination in org & device configs
- Improvements when backing up to multiple PROe Cloud destinations