- CrashPlan for Small Business
In version 6.6.x, the Code42 app features a new user experience. This article describes what CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) administrators should know about the Code42 app in version 6.6.x.
To help users transition to this new interface, see User's guide to CrashPlan for Small Business app Version 6.6.x, which introduces all end-users to the Code42 app's new look.
This article describes how settings in the administration console relate to and impact the Code42 app in version 6.6.x. It is not intended as a guide to system requirements.
- When you upgrade user devices to version 6.6.x, existing backup sets will continue backing up without intervention by you or your users.
- If you add new users or devices, backup does not start automatically. Those users are prompted to finish creating their backup set upon signing into the Code42 app.
Device backup settings and the Code42 app
Finding device backup settings in the Code42 app
Starting in version 6.6.x, settings for backup in the Code42 app are arranged to improve usability.
- The most-frequently-accessed end-user settings are available from the device's Details view.
- Settings that users need less frequently, like Network settings, are grouped under Device preferences.
- Settings in the administration console remain in the same location. Consequently, settings in the Code42 app no longer mirror their location in the administration console as closely as they did in earlier versions.
Managing settings removed from the Code42 app
Some advanced settings included in versions 4.x and earlier of the Code42 app were removed in version 6.6.x. Removed settings had limited utility for the majority of users and could cause unintended consequences.
The following settings were removed from the Code42 app:
- File verification scan schedule
- Advanced backup settings:
- Data de-duplication
- Encryption enabled
- Watch file system in real-time
- Back up open files
Both administrators and end-users can still manage and update these settings from the administration console.
In version 6.6.x, a user's ability to create backup sets is enabled by default.
Troubleshooting the Code42 app
The History and Command Line tools help with troubleshooting the Code42 app. In version 6.6.x, the method for accessing these tools depends on the device's operating system:
- Windows: Tools > History
- Linux: Tools > History
- OS X: Window > History
- Command line:
- Windows: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Linux: Ctrl+Shift+C
- OS X: Option+Command+C
For guidance on troubleshooting specific issues in the Code42 app, see our troubleshooting guide.