CrashPlan version 3.5.3 is a minor release that includes a small number of enhancements and fixes.
The software will upgrade automatically and no action is required on your part. However, there may be a delay of up to a 48 hours for your installation to upgrade.
Be A Backup Hero!
Is there someone you know who would benefit from more regular data backup? Or someone you may someday have to help navigate back from a data loss experience?
We've tuned the Invite a Friend feature and it's now even easier than ever to invite a friend to back up to you. There is no cost for using CrashPlan for shared backup, or for backing up to an external hard drive.
If you have not used the friend backup feature, we encourage you to give it a whirl. You never know, one day you could be in line to be somebody's backup hero.
Additional Fixes And Improvements
- Improved Getting Started email for new users
- Linux: Installer now works with Oracle Java 1.7
- Mac: Info.plist files no longer excluded from backup
- Mac: Corrected issue where some types of metadata were not being restored properly when restoring from the CrashPlan desktop
- Windows: Improved handling of 8.3 file names
- Windows: Fixed issue preventing open file backup via VSS
- General performance improvements