Existing CrashPlan Users: Updates to the latest release happen automatically. Unless specifically instructed to do so, you do not need to download a new file and reinstall CrashPlan. We take care of all that for you.
What's New in This Release?
- Google Checkout - Back by popular request! You can use Google Checkout to purchase seed services and 1, 2, 3, and 4-year subscriptions.
- Faster restores - The backup destination's CPU settings no longer govern how fast you can restore.
- Welcome email - New users now receive a Welcome email message that points out how to start backing up.
- Printable support articles - Create your own CrashPlan support PDFs using the Print Page option on the Support navigation menu. These pages are suitable for printing and assembling into your own CrashPlan “manual.”
- Files backed up to CrashPlan Central under an active CrashPlan+ subscription can now be restored from any computer on your account, even if the computer you are restoring from does not have a subscription.
- Improved performance in cases where file selection settings contain a large number of items or when many backup sets are configured.
- You are now able to successfully invite a friend using Internet Explorer 8.
- Warning message when deselecting files from your backup selection now appears consistently.
- Fixed issue with the days of the week scheduler.
- USB drives, external hard drives used as a backup destinations now eject cleanly, even when CrashPlan is not actively backing up.
- Corrected issue where in rare cases on Windows, CrashPlan interfered with installing other software.
- Improved reliability of Twitter messages.
- Verify file selection setting now adheres to its backup set schedule, and time units now adjust properly when changing backup schedule.
- Addressed issue that prevented you from using web restore if your private password contained certain special characters.