Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This page lists new features and bug fixes for Code42 app version 8.8.
For the Code42 cloud, see Code42 cloud release notes.
Code42 app version 8.8.1
User devices begin automatically upgrading the week of December 6, 2021, unless your administrator configured a client update delay.
- Fixed a rare issue where some Windows devices did not successfully upgrade to Code42 app version 8.8.0.
Code42 app version 8.8.0
Code42 app version 8.8.0 is no longer available. It is being replaced by version 8.8.1, which contains all of the 8.8.0 updates below, plus one additional Windows upgrade bug fix.
Enhancements and updates
- Security updates.
- On Linux devices, added present and away CPU settings to the Device Preferences > Usage tab. Previously, Linux CPU settings could only be set in the Code42 console.
- Performance and stability improvements to both security and backup processes.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the proxy auto-config (PAC) file were not applied to the Code42 app under certain circumstances.
The following bug fixes improve exfiltration detection and risk exposure reporting. While these fixes are included in Code42 app version 8.8.0, they primarily benefit security analyst and administrator users of the Code42 console.
- Fixed an issue where the Code42 app could prevent users from renaming files in a OneDrive folder under specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue on Windows devices where opening local files with Firefox could generate false positive file upload events.
- Fixed an issue where OneDrive file events could include unexpected Sync username values.
- Fixed an issue where the Sync username was reported as "Unknown" for some Box Drive events on Mac devices.
- On Widows devices, fixed a compatibility issue between Incydr reporting for file download events and the Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Fixed several issues to improve fidelity of reported Active tab title and URL values.
- On Mac devices, upgrading to Code42 app version 8.8 may cause the macOS dock to restart.