Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This page lists new features and bug fixes for Code42 app version 8.7.
For the Code42 cloud, see Code42 cloud release notes.
Code42 app version 8.7.1
User devices began automatically upgrading on September 7, 2021, unless your administrator configured a client update delay.
Enhancements and updates
- Code42 app cache files are now excluded from backup.
Improvements to Code42 app proxy support:
- Fixed an issue where the Code42 app could incorrectly evaluate the device's operating system-defined proxy instead of the
PROXY_URLdefined in the Code42 deployment policy.
- Fixed an issue where a Code42 app proxy connection could delay the device's overall startup process.
- Fixed an issue where the Code42 app was unable to read the proxy auto-config (PAC) file if the device disconnected from VPN.
- Fixed a rare issue where very large PAC files could be truncated, which caused parsing errors.
- Connections to
localhostno longer use a proxy connection.
Code42 app version 8.7.0
In cloud-only Code42 environments, user devices will be automatically upgraded to Code42 version 8.7.0 over several days, beginning August 10, 2021. Administrators can delay this upgrade by up to 60 days by configuring a client upgrade delay.
Enhancements and updates
- Security updates.
java mxcommand to change memory allocation now includes a 30-minute delay before taking effect. To apply the new setting immediately, append the
restartcommand. For example:
java mx 2048, restart
- Performance and stability improvements to both security and backup processes.
- On Mac devices, fixed an issue introduced in Code42 app version 8.6.0 where the Code42 menu bar icon did not automatically appear after the Code42 app upgrade.
- Fixed an issue where Code42 app logs could incorrectly report devices on Windows 10 build 1909 as being on build 1903.
- Fixed an issue where new device registrations could get stuck on the sign-in screen under certain circumstances.
The following bug fixes improve exfiltration detection and risk exposure reporting. While these fixes are included in Code42 app version 8.7.0, they primarily benefit security analyst and administrator users of the Code42 console.
- Fixed an issue where file events for very large files (over 3 GB) could incorrectly list a much smaller file size.
- In the Audit Log:
- A restore ended event is now properly logged when a paused restore is canceled.
- Improved accuracy of restore statistics.
- Fixed an issue where Number of files that failed to restore could incorrectly report a count of 0 when some files did not restore.
- Fixed an issue where Active tab titles and URLs were not reported for some file upload events on devices with multiple user accounts.
- Fixed an issue where a deleted file could generate duplicate No longer observed file events.
- Fixed an issue where moving a file could generate duplicate Modified file events.
- Fixed an application compatibility issue between iCloud for Windows and Code42 file event reporting.
- Improved ability to identify OneDrive trusted file activity.
- Fixed an issue on Linux devices where "present" and "away" bandwidth settings were not applied properly.
- Fixed an issue where adding exclusions to the backup file selection did not remove the newly excluded files from existing backups under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where files could be backed up outside the specified backup window under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue introduced in Code42 app version 8.6.0 where the name of the default backup set on a new device was blank. Now, the default backup set for new devices once again uses the device name (for example, "Clyde's Laptop Backup Set").
- Fixed an issue where the agent.userhome command could fail to update the path for a device if the Code42 app was deployed using a deployment policy that locked the user’s home directory.
- Fixed a very rare issue where archive maintenance for local backup archives did not complete under certain circumstances.