Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This page lists new features and bug fixes for Code42 app version 7.4. Click a specific version number below to expand or collapse the details.
For the Code42 cloud and administration console, see Code42 cloud release notes.
Code42 app version 7.4.0
In cloud-only Code42 environments, user devices will be automatically upgraded to Code42 version 7.4.0 over several days, beginning November 18, 2019. Administrators can delay this upgrade by up to 60 days by configuring a global delay or organization exception.
Early access: Forensic File Search adds file upload destination details
Read by browser or other app file event details now include the window title and URL active at the time the file is read. This information helps determine the destination of an uploaded file.
For Windows devices, the title and URL are collected automatically. For devices on macOS Catalina 10.15 and Mojave 10.14, administrators must first authorize the Code42 app to capture data from web browsers.
Other enhancements and updates
- Removes support for macOS Sierra 10.12. Devices using macOS Sierra 10.12 will not upgrade to Code42 app version 7.4.
- The Forensic File Search initial scan now automatically resumes where it left off if a device is restarted during the scan. Previously, the scan started over from the beginning.
- Security updates.
- Performance and stability improvements to both security and backup processes.
- Fixes a rare issue which could prevent archive maintenance from completing for a device under very specific circumstances.
- Improvements to logging.
- Fixes an issue in which backups continued over networks excluded from backup if the network contained any of these special characters in its name:
[ ^ $ . | ? * + ( ).
- Fixes an issue in which files could be incorrectly added to the backup queue for backup sets with real-time file watching disabled.
- Improves display of very long directory names on the Restore files screen.
- Fixes alignment of column headings in the replace device wizard.
- Fixes a display issue in which disabling local backups in the administration console did not disable the + icon to add a local destination in the Code42 app. Users were not actually able to add local destinations (attempting to do so resulted in an error), but now the button is disabled.
- Fixes an issue on Linux devices running RHEL 8.1 in which installing the Code42 app did not complete if the
libnsllibrary was missing. Now, the Code42 app prompts you to install the library if it's missing.
The following bug fixes improve file event detection and reporting for Forensic File Search and Security Center user activity (endpoint monitoring). These fixes are included in Code42 app version 7.4.0, but primarily benefit viewers of the administration console.
- When a file is deleted from a device, fixes an issue in which Forensic File Search could incorrectly report an extraneous New file event for that file under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue on Mac devices in which duplicate file upload events could appear in Forensic File Search and Security Center User Activity CSV exports.
- Fixes several rare issues in which file upload events could be reported for files that were only accessed by a web browser and not actually uploaded.
- Fixes an issue on Mac devices in which file upload events were not detected for files in iCloud drive under certain circumstances.