This page lists new features and updates for Code42 Instructor.
For the Code42 cloud, see Code42 cloud release notes.
For the Code42 app, see Code42 app version 8.7 release notes.
Enhancements and updates
August 22, 2022
- Send Instructor lessons directly to users from Incydr. Instructor's situational and responsive lessons help reinforce your security awareness and training programs by providing engaging, targeted training that addresses topics relevant to an employee's tenure and provides best practices for avoiding security risks.
Use the Actions menu when it appears in alerts, user profiles, and user activity to email video lessons to users based on changes in their role or in response to risky activity.
November 29, 2021
- Added two posters to educate employees about precautions to take when emailing sensitive data.
November 3, 2021
- Added two new informative letter templates that you can use to explain to your leadership and awareness teams what Code42 Instructor is and how you are using it to help protect your company's data.
October 28, 2021
- Added communication templates about sharing files on social media.
October 26, 2021
- Added two posters to educate employees about accidental iCloud syncing.
October 18, 2021
- Added three posters to educate employees about storing company data on a USB device.
Announcing Code42 Instructor
September 14, 2021
Released today, our new Code42 Instructor product provides bite-sized employee education that security teams can share with users to reduce insider risk. Lessons include proactive, situational, and responsive education content.
With Code42 Instructor, security teams can:
- Promote and ensure data use policy compliance
- Enable and empower a more risk-aware workforce
- Reduce accidental and negligent employee data leaks
- Measure, report, and improve organization-wide insider risk posture
If you're adding insider risk education to an existing security awareness solution, you can add Code42 Instructor lessons to your existing learning management system. Or, if you're building a standalone insider risk education program, you can use Code42 Instructor lessons in your incident response process to assign education based on user activity.
You can use Code42 Instructor on its own, or with Incydr for a more complete insider risk solution. If you also use Incydr, you can access Code42 Instructor from the Code42 console.