Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
Review this troubleshooting article if you are experiencing any of the following:
- The Code42 app is unable to connect to backups.
- The Code42 app is reporting incorrect information about your backup status, or it reports that it is backing up your entire device all over again.
- The Code42 app reports that there are no files to download, or some files appear to be missing from the Restore Files or Get Files view.
Under the hood
The Code42 app stores a cache of temporary information on your device, much like a web browser does. This cache includes information about all of your destinations, the data you have on your device, and a number of settings that help the Code42 app run efficiently.
Sometimes this cache becomes outdated or gets modified by another process on your device. This can cause Code42 app to report inaccurate information about your backup status, the files that are available for download, and more.
Once you clear your cache, the Code42 app immediately erases its cache files on your device and starts synchronizing your file selection to your backup destinations. Clearing the cache does not impact the data stored in your backups or change your settings. Manually clearing the cache can address issues with online destinations, as well as local backups.
While it may look like the backup process is starting over, it is not. The Code42 app is rebuilding your cache. Please allow time for this process to complete.
Clearing the cache is a quick procedure you can use to troubleshoot issues in the Code42 app.
- Open the Code42 app.
- If necessary, sign in to your account.
Open Code42 Commands using one of the following methods:
- Double-click the Code42 logo in the upper-left corner.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut for your operating system:
- Windows: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Mac: Option+Command+C
- Linux: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Enter the following command and press Enter:
The Code42 app closes.
- Open the Code42 app and sign in. The cache is rebuilt after signing in.
If you are unable to access Code42 Commands, you can clear the cache manually.
If clearing the cache did not solve your issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Code42 app.