Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Every backup archive created with the Code42 app is tied to a specific computer through a unique computer ID. This way, the Code42 server can keep a thorough and unique record of each computer's backup history (previous file versions, moved and deleted files, etc.). In certain situations, you may need to assign your computer a new ID. This article describes the process of assigning your computer a new ID.
- You might need to assign your computer a new ID if:
- You have cloned a Virtual Machine
- You recently changed computers with the help of a utility like Migration Assistant or Time Machine
- Our Customer Champions ask you to do this when troubleshooting an issue
- The Code42 app's uninstaller does not reset your computer identity. If you want to completely remove traces of your previous installation, you must reset the identity using the instructions below.
- Sign in to the Code42 app.
- Open Code42 CrashPlan Commands by entering the keyboard shortcut for your operating system:
- Windows: Ctrl+shift+C
- Mac: Option+Command+C
- Linux: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Press Enter.
That's it! Now it is as if you installed the Code42 app for the first time on that computer.