Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
After installing the Code42 app on your device, follow the steps below to create an account.
- To create an account, you may be asked to provide a server address and registration key. Contact your administrator if you do not know the appropriate server address or registration key.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Choose Sign up for an account.
The Create a New Account screen appears.
- Enter the Username associated with your account. You can use this username to:
- Sign in to the Code42 console
- Add additional computers to your account
- Enter the Registration Key provided by your administrator.
- Enter the Code42 Server Address provided by your administrator.
Your administrator may prevent you from seeing or editing the Server Address.
- Click Sign Up.
- Create a Password and Confirm Password.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters. For stronger security, use 16 characters or more.
- Passwords must have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. Special characters and symbols are also allowed.
- Passwords can't contain spaces or 3 or more repeating letters, numbers, or characters.
- Passwords shouldn't contain common words or phrases that are easily guessed (like "password" or "letmein").
- Never reuse passwords. Don't use a password for Code42 that you use for any other online account.
- Click Sign Up.
After a few moments a message displays indicating that you have successfully created your account. Now you're ready to start backing up your files.