Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article lists system requirements for the Code42 app in Code42 environments licensed for Incydr Basic and Advanced.
For Incydr Professional, Enterprise, and Horizon, see Code42 platform hardware and software requirements.
- These system requirements are the minimum requirements to install the Code42 app. Use more powerful hardware for the best performance.
- The Code42 app is supported on Macs with the Apple M1 chip, but is not supported on other devices running ARM processors, which includes most phones and tablets.
- If your backup is unusually large (more than 1 TB or 1 million files), you must configure the Code42 app to use more RAM than the minimum requirement.
- The Code42 app requires an Internet connection for almost all activity, including signing in, backing up, restoring, and changing most settings.
- The Code42 app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems. The app's desktop UI typically requires a screen area at least 960 pixels wide by 780 pixels high. Some systems may be able to display it as small as 900 pixels by 680 pixels.
Following are the minimum requirements for devices running the Code42 app. However, depending on usage, the Code42 app may need more than the listed minimums to operate effectively.
1 The Code42 app supports extended update support (EUS) versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and long-term support (LTS) versions of Ubuntu.
Previously supported operating system versions
For previously supported operating system versions, see our article on operating system support.