Rename your device backup
Who is this article for?
Incydr risk agent
Backup and legacy agents
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
The Code42 agent uses the name of your user account to assign a name for your device. Your device name is a label for you to distinguish one device from another. The name itself does not affect your backup. This tutorial shows how to change the name that the Code42 agent assigns to your device.
Change the device name
You can change the name of your computer backup from several places, as described below.
From the Code42 agent
- Open the Code42 agent.
- Select Settings.
- In General next to Device Name, click Rename.
- Enter the new device name.
The new device name is saved automatically when you press Enter or navigate away from the field.
From the Code42 console
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Devices.
- Select the device you want to change.
The device details appear.
- Select Actions > Edit device backup defaults.
- Next to Name for this device, enter the new name for the device.
- Click Save.