Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
An archive-key password is an optional level of security you can enable for your account. This level of security requires you to enter the archive-key password to sign into the Code42 app or download your files. This tutorial describes how to change that archive-key password from the Code42 app.
- If the archive-key encryption option was enabled for you by an administrator, then the default password is set to your account password until it is changed from the Code42 app.
- To change your archive-key password, you must provide existing security information for your account. You must either:
- Provide your current archive-key password
- Answer your recovery question
If you don't know your archive-key password, or you didn't set a recovery question, then there is no way to change or recover your archive-key password. You must contact your administrator. Code42 Customer Champions cannot reset or recover an archive-key password for you.
Change archive-key password from the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Select Settings.
- Select Security.
- Next to Archive key password, select Change.
- Enter your current archive-key password.
- Enter your new archive-key password.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters. For stronger security, use 16 characters or more.
- Passwords must have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. Special characters and symbols are also allowed.
- Passwords can't contain spaces or 3 or more repeating letters, numbers, or characters.
- Passwords shouldn't contain common words or phrases that are easily guessed (like "password" or "letmein").
- Never reuse passwords. Don't use a password for Code42 that you use for any other online account.
- Re-enter your new archive-key password.
- Click Save.
The message Archive Key Password Updated appears.New password for all devices
The password is changed for all devices on your account.