Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article explains how to interpret and respond to the following email alert:
"<Device name and GUID> has not backed up."
Low - This alert indicates a condition that should ideally be corrected, although it does not pose an immediate threat to user data, system security, or service availability.
This alert is triggered when an endpoint device has not backed up within a configurable period of time.
The most common benign cause for this alert is that a device is powered off, often due to vacation or other absence.
- Device is not backed up, resulting in user data being placed at risk
- Problems with the Code42 app that prevent endpoint backup
To resolve this alert:
- Record the GUID of the affected device, as given by the notification message.
- Search in the Code42 console for this GUID to determine which user and device has not been backing up.
- Verify that the Code42 app is running on the user device, and that the device is configured properly to back up to the Code42 cloud. If necessary, troubleshoot the Code42 app on the endpoint device.
Alternatively, if you wish to adjust the warning threshold for receiving this alert, edit the settings for the organization associated with the device:
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Select the organization associated with the device.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Select Reporting.
- If currently selected, deselect Inherited reporting settings from parent to edit the organization's settings.
- Under the Alerts section, change the value for warning alert.