Install and manage the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR
This article describes how to integrate Code42 with Cortex XSOAR (previously Demisto). Cortex XSOAR is a security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solution. Using the Code42 content packs for Cortrex XSOAR, you can view and search Code42 data in Cortex XSOAR, manage employees on watchlists, and accomplish other tasks from Cortex XSOAR.
Depending on your use case, the free Code42 content pack may meet your needs. The Code42 Insider Threat Remediation paid content pack offers additional preset triggers to help streamline certain insider threat incident response processes.
Use the commands included in the free Code42 content pack to:
- Ingest alerts from Code42
- View and manage employees on watchlists
- Search file events and metadata
- Download files from Code42
- Manage Code42 users
- Create users
- Block or unblock users
- Deactivate or reactivate users
- Manage Code42 legal hold custodians
For full information, see the Code42 integration documentation within Cortex XSOAR.
Code42 Insider Threat Remediation
Use the Code42 Insider Threat Remediation paid content pack to to scale, standardize, and automate certain insider threat incident response processes based on preset triggers within Cortex XSOAR:
- Search activity and automatically send to the data owner for review
- Automate generating departing employees from ticketing systems
- Automate attaching files from exposure-activity to ticketing systems
- Take actions on employees when activity is reported as suspicious, for example, block the user or add them to legal hold
The Code42 free content pack is required to use this paid content pack.
- To use the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR, you must enable endpoint monitoring in the Code42 console. (Does not apply to Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2.)
This functionality is available only when supported by your product plan. Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for assistance with licensing, or to upgrade to an Incydr product plan. If you do not know your CSM, please contact our Technical Support Engineers.
Before you begin
In the Code42 console, create an API client to provide permissions for the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR:
- User role: As a user with the Insider Risk Admin role, create an API client to be used solely by the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR.
- Permissions: Set the necessary API permissions in the API client:
- Alerts (Read/Write)
- Detection Lists (Read/Write)
- Device (Read)
- File Events (Read)
- Users (Read/Write)
After granting account access with the API client ID and secret in the next section, test to confirm that the necessary data is accessible in the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR.
Configure the Code42 app for Cortex XSOAR
- Sign in to your Cortex XSOAR environment.
- Select Settings.
- Select Integrations > Instances.
- Search for Code42.
- From the Code42 row, click Add instance to create and configure a new integration instance.
- In the Code42 window:
- Enter a name for your instance.
- Select Fetches incidents.
- In Code42 Console URL for your Code42 environment enter the URL of your Code42 environment without https://, for example, console.us.code42.com.
- In API Client ID enter the ID of the API client created as described in Before you begin above.
- In API Client Secret enter the secret of the API client.
- (Optional) Select Alert severities to fetch when fetching incidents to limit the Code42 alerts you'd like to ingest.
- Enter the First fetch time range to determine how far back to go to retrieve alerts.
- Enter the number of Alerts to fetch per run.
- Select Include the list of files in returned incidents to include the file events associated with the alert.
- Click Test to validate the connection.
- Click Done.