The Sync Log records provisioning data. Beginning September 22, 2021, Sync Log data is retained for the last 90 days only.
If you want to retain Sync Log data older than 90 days, export the data before September 22, 2021. After that date, to retain Sync Log data for periods longer than 90 days, export the data on an ongoing basis and keep it in your own storage systems. This article describes how to export the data.
- In addition to appearing in the Sync Log, updates resulting from provisioning also appear in the Audit Log. For example, newly-provisioned users appear in the Add user event type, users deactivated by provisioning appear in the Deactivate user event type, and provisioned user attributes changes appear in the External attributes change event type.
- The API examples in this article use curl, but the concepts apply to any tool you choose for interacting with the Code42 API.
- A directory sync report is sent to administrators that contains data that appears in the Sync Log. For more information, see Code42 directory sync report and errors.
Export Sync Log data from the Code42 console
Perform the following steps to export Sync Log data in comma-separated value format:
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Integrations > Identity Management.
- Click Sync Log.
- Select the data range.
- Click Refresh table.
- Click Export CSV.
The data is downloaded in a CSV file.
- Repeat this process on a regularly-scheduled basis to keep a complete set of data over time.
Export Sync Log data with the Code42 API
See the Code42 Developer Portal for more API documentation and resources. The portal provides:
- A single access point for documentation of methods for Incydr, including Code42's REST API, Python SDK py42, and command-line interface (CLI)
- A single request URL for Code42 API calls to each cloud instance
- API reference documentation
Use the Code42 Developer Portal for your API needs as much as possible. APIs in the portal are the preferred way to integrate with Code42 for Incydr users. If you use Code42 APIs that do not appear on the Code42 Developer Portal, contact our Technical Support Engineers for guidance on the best way to integrate with Code42.
Run the following command to export Sync Log data in CSV format using the
curl -X GET 'https://<RequestURL>/api/v3/DirectorySyncLog/csv?eventOccurredAfter=<yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ>&eventOccurredBefore=<yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ>' \ -H "authorization: Bearer <AuthToken>"
In the preceding example:
Replace <RequestURL> with the URL of your Code42 cloud instance:
Replace <AuthToken> with an authentication token.
Replace <yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ> with the start and end dates of the query in ISO date/time format.
curl -X GET 'https://console.us.code42.com/api/v3/DirectorySyncLog/csv?eventOccurredAfter=2019-06-01'T'12:00:00.0600Z&eventOccurredBefore=2021-06-01'T'12:00:00.0600Z' -H "authorization: Bearer eyJhb...p4XA"
To export data in JSON format, run the command without
/csv . In addition, you can use optional parameters if desired:
sortColumn: The column to sort on. Valid values are
sortDirection: The direction that the data is sorted in. Valid values are
page[number]: The number of pages to request.
page[size]: Number of events to return per page.
curl -X GET 'https://console.us.code42.com/api/v3/DirectorySyncLog?eventOccurredAfter=2019-06-01'T'12:00:00.0600Z&eventOccurredBefore=2021-06-01'T'12:00:00.0600Z&sortColumn=action&sortDirection=asc&page[number]=1&page[size]=100' -H "authorization: Bearer eyJhb...p4XA"