Lock proxy settings in the Code42 console
This article explains how to lock proxy settings in the Code42 console. Locking proxy settings prevents users from changing them in the Code42 agent.
- Locking proxy settings only applies to the backup agent and legacy agent.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Choose Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Select an organization name.
The organization details appear.
- Select Actions > Device backup defaults.
- On the General tab, deselect Use device defaults from parent (if necessary).
- Click the Network tab.
- Scroll to the Proxy section.
- Review both the Enabled and PAC URL settings.
- If the lock icon appears for both settings, they are already locked. No further action is needed.
- If the unlocked icon appears for either setting, click it to lock the setting. Both settings should be locked. Even if you are not using a proxy server, it is still a best practice to lock the settings to prevent potential security vulnerabilities introduced by users adding their own proxy configuration.
- Follow the prompts to confirm this change.
- Click Save.