You need to configure your Google Drive environment before you can authorize the Code42 data connection to it. This article tells you how.
- Code42 can connect to your Google Drive environment only when supported by your Google product plan.
- To allow Code42 access to Google Drive, you must be a Google Workspace administrator with a Super Admin role. See Permissions required for the Google Drive connector for more information.
Configure Google Drive
Before you authorize the Code42 connection to your Google Drive environment, complete these steps:
- Verify that you have one of the required Google plans.
- Verify that your licensing includes Drive log events.
- Verify the permissions you need for the Google Drive connector.
- Identify the users you want the connection to monitor.
- Verify that Drive and Docs is turned on for everyone in your Google Workspace (or for everyone in the Google Workspace organizational unit that you want to monitor).
- In your Google Drive environment, verify that third-party apps have access to Drive files. If the Allow users to access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API option is Off, edit the option to turn it on. Code42 cannot monitor your Google Drive environment if this setting is disabled.
- If you connect Code42 to your Google Drive environment without this setting enabled, the connection enters an error state immediately following authorization.
- If you disable this setting it while the connection has a status of Monitoring, Code42 stops monitoring the drives in your Google Drive environment until it is re-enabled.