You need to configure your Box environment before you can authorize the Code42 data connection to it. If you use Box Shield, you must add the Code42 application to a Smart Access policy in your Box environment in preparation for the Code42 connection. This article tells you how.
Code42 can connect to your Box environment only when supported by your Box product plan.
Configure security policies in Box Shield
If your Box subscription includes Box Shield, the security policies set up in Box Shield may prevent Code42 from accessing your environment and can stop its monitoring of shared file activity. When Box Shield blocks the Code42 application in your Box environment, the connection may appear to be functioning normally in the Code42 console. However, because Code42 is prevented from accessing files in your Box environment, it cannot collect or report any shared file activity.
To avoid this issue, add the Code42 application to a Smart Access policy in your Box environment:
- Log into your Box Admin Console using your Box Admin email and password.
- Click Admin Console at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Admin Console's navigation panel, click Shield.
- Click the Access Policies tab.
- Select an existing policy to edit, or create a new one. For more information, see the Box documentation.
- In the Security Controls section, add a new Application Restriction security control if needed. (You can also edit any existing Application Restriction security control.) For more information, see the Box documentation.
- Customize the Application Restriction security control for the Code42 application:
- Under Application Restriction, select Allow only specified applications to download content.
- In the Allowed Applications box, enter the name of the Code42 application (Code42 Cloud Services).
- Save your changes to the policy.
- If you updated an existing policy, click Update Policy to save your changes.
- If you created a new policy, make any other updates needed and then click Next. After reviewing the new policy's summary, click Start Policy.