In the process of providing help, Code42 support personnel (also known as "Technical Support Engineers") may need to access your Code42 environment to perform investigation and adjust settings as needed. Use the Support Access setting to give Code42 Technical Support Engineers permission to access your environment to assist in troubleshooting.
To read our policy for providing support, see Incydr support policy.
To get help from our Technical Support Engineers, see Contact support: create a ticket, chat, or call.
- Code42 support personnel may create temporary administrator user accounts in your Code42 environment to assist with troubleshooting. Code42 personnel are required to deactivate these temporary users from your Code42 environment upon completion of troubleshooting work. These deactivated users are removed after 60 days.
- All activity of Code42 support personnel in your Code42 environment is tracked in the Audit Log. To see the activity, in the filter, under User type, select Code42 Support User.
Code42 Support Access
To update the Support Access setting, you need the Customer Cloud Admin role.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Support Access.
|Support User Access||
Select to allow or deny Code42 support users access to your Code42 environment to assist in troubleshooting.
Email notification when support access is changed
When support access is enabled or disabled, all Customer Cloud Admin users receive an email with details of the change. If you are the administrator who made the change, you can ignore the email notification. If the change was made by another administrator, review the information carefully to ensure that the change is authorized.
The email includes:
- Whether support access was enabled or disabled
- The date and time of the change
- The Code42 username of the person who made the change