- CrashPlan for Small Business
- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
The Code42 support site is your single source of truth for information about Code42 products. This site has a comprehensive collection of up-to-date resources to help you get the most out of your Code42 products, including tutorials, reference guides, and troubleshooting solutions for new users and experienced administrators alike.
This article explains how to use the support site, including:
- How to navigate the site hierarchy
- Search and filtering options
- Additional resources and page features, including a site map.
Site organization and navigation
The support site has two main sections of content: CrashPlan for Small Business and Code42 for Enterprise.
Visit the site map to view all support site content.
Help categories within content
After clicking a link on the home page (Administrator guide in this example), you can find information by:
- Selecting a version number.
- Selecting Index to open the site map and view all support site content.
- Selecting additional help categories listed below each version.
- Using the navigation bar on the left to view available sections of content.
Search for terms
Search results vary depending on the page you choose to enter a search term:
- To search the entire site, enter a search term on the home page.
- To search within a specific section of content, enter a search term in that section.
You can also search from within any article. Use the search bar on the right to search the entire support site.
The image below is an example of searching the entire site for the term "settings."
- To filter the results to a single section of content, select a filter icon on the top of the page. For example, select CrashPlan to view only CrashPlan results.
- To further filter search results, select a specific help category (for example, Troubleshooting) to view results within that category.
- To view additional results, select Show more results.
If you see what look like duplicate articles in your search results, it is usually because your search returned articles with the same title from multiple help guides or categories. For example, a search for "getting started" returns separate articles from the CrashPlan and Administrator help guides. To filter the search results, select the icon for a specific help guide or category.
In addition to the article content, each page contains many other helpful features:
|a||Code42||Click to open code42.com in a new window.|
|b||Support||Click to go to support.code42.com.|
|c||Search||Enter a term to search the entire support site.|
|d||Contact support||Click to get help from one of our Customer Champions.|
|e||Index||Opens the site index, which provides a list of all help categories.|
|f||Breadcrumb||Indicates where you are in the site hierarchy.|
|g||Version picker||Allows you to choose the article that matches your version of the software.
Only applies when more than one version is available.
|h||Table of contents||Lists the material covered in the article. Click any heading to go directly to that section of the article.|
|i||Product plan indicator||Indicates if the content applies to CrashPlan for Small Business and the various product plans in Code42 for Enterprise.|
|j||Save as PDF||Converts this article to a PDF to print or view offline.|
|k||Share this page||Options for sharing this page via social media.|
Begins an online chat with a Customer Champion.