- CrashPlan PRO
Before you begin
- Before performing an uninstall and reinstall, try clearing the cache first. Often, this fixes issues and is quicker than uninstalling and reinstalling.
- You must uninstall the Code42 app before reinstalling; make sure you complete all the steps to uninstall the Code42 app before reinstalling it.
Step 1: Uninstall the Code42 app
A standard uninstall leaves a small amount of information on your device so the Code42 app can remember your device when you reinstall.
|Operating System||Standard Uninstall|
You may be prompted that another user on the device is signed in. If another user is signed in, it may prevent the Code42 app from uninstalling completely. We recommend coordinating with other users to ensure all users are signed out of their accounts before continuing.
If the uninstallation fails, follow Microsoft's instructions to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
A complete uninstall removes the Code42 app identity file so that there is no trace of the previous installation. After completing the standard uninstall, follow the additional steps below only if instructed to do so by a Customer Champion:
|Operating System||Complete Uninstall|
Step 2: Install the Code42 app
- Download the latest version of the Code42 app. See your administrator for guidelines on downloading the Code42 app.
- Once the download completes, unzip the installer.
- Run the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file.
- OS X: Double-click the DMG file, then double-click Install Code42 CrashPlan.
- Linux: Run the install.sh shell script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Sign in to your existing account.
Additional installation information is available in the Installing The Code42 app article.
After you sign in, the Code42 app begins a file-verification scan that inspects your file selection for any new, changed, or deleted files. Your backup continues from its previous state.
Replace your device after a complete uninstall
After performing a complete uninstall, you must follow the steps to replace your device in order to reconnect it to your existing backup.