Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to versions 6 and 7.
When you first start backing up, the Code42 app uses a single default backup set. You cannot remove the default backup set. You can add additional backup sets, however, and you can remove these additional backup sets if you like.
As a workaround to removing the default backup set, you can give the default backup set the same file selection as a second backup set, and then you can remove the second backup set.
- The default backup set can never be deleted.
- When the default backup set is created, it is named "<device name> Backup Set".
Perform the steps below in sequence to ensure that your data is retained at the destination. Performing these steps incorrectly can result in unintended data loss. If you are unsure about removing backup sets, contact our Customer Champions.
Consolidate backup sets
In this example, you have two backup sets, backup set 1 (the default) and backup set 2. You want to keep the data contained in backup set 2 and stop backing up the files in backup set 1. In order to do this, modify the default set, then remove the additional set.
Step 1: Modify the default backup set
Begin by updating the default backup set. Add the files selected in backup set 2 to backup set 1, ensuring that the data you want to keep is located within both backup sets. Completing these steps allows data de-duplication to move the files from backup set 2 into backup set 1.
- Open the Code42 app.
- On the Home page, select Manage Files for backup set 1.
- Select the files and locations you want to back up, including files and locations contained in backup set 2.
- (Optional) Deselect the files and locations you no longer want to back up.
- Click Save.
- Wait until the backup set displays the message Backup complete.
Step 2: Remove backup set 2
The default backup set now contains the same data that is selected in backup set 2.
If you do not perform Step 1 before proceeding, data in backup set 2 will be permanently lost.
Follow these steps to remove backup set 2:
- On the Home page, click the backup set settings button on backup set 2.
- Select Delete backup set from the dropdown menu.
- On the Delete backup set warning box, select I understand.
- Click Remove.
The backup set is removed.