Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to version 6.
Other available versions:
Computer-to-computer backup, also known as inbound backup, is not supported in version 5.0.1 and later of the Code42 app. If you configured computer-to-computer backup in version 4.x of the Code42 app, and your Code42 app upgrades to version 5.0.1 or later, you can no longer manage the settings for these backups.
This article explains how to use the administration console to disable computer-to-computer backup.
Devices using computer-to-computer backup upgraded to version 5.0.1 or later of the Code42 app.
Although your computer-to-computer backup may still appear as a destination in the Code42 app, you cannot manage backup settings for these destinations, and you may experience unexpected behavior.
Before you begin
If you want to keep any files that are backed up to the destination device, download these files before you begin.
- In order to download files, the destination computer must be turned on, and the Code42 app must be running.
- If the Code42 app isn't set to run “always,” then you will only be able to download during the backup times specified on that device.
After you save your changes, your computer-to-computer backup stops, and the backup archive is deleted from the destination device. There is no way to download or recover files from the archive once it is deleted.
Sign in to the administration console to disable inbound backup:
- Open the Code42 app.
- Navigate to Device Preferences:
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- From General preferences, click Manage account on the web.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select Devices.
- Choose the destination device from the list.
- Click the action menu.
- Click Edit.
- Deselect Accept inbound backups.
- Click Save.