The Code42 app displays a Network blocked–Backup will resume automatically on approved networks message when configured to block specific network connections. This article includes instructions for unblocking the Code42 app's access to available networks.
If the only available networks are blocked, then the backup status displays as Network blocked - Backup will resume automatically on approved networks.
Follow the steps below to prevent the Code42 app from blocking certain wireless networks and network interfaces for backup.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Navigate to Device Preferences:
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Select Network.
- Next to Wireless network exclusions, select Change.
- Select a wireless network from the list that you want to allow for backup.
- Select the minus (-) to allow the wireless network.
- Repeat for each wireless network you want to allow.
- Click Save.
- Next to Network Interface Exclusions, click Change.
- Select a network interface from the list that you want to allow for backup.
- Select the minus (-) to allow the network interface.
- Repeat for each network interface you want to allow.
- Click Save.
- Close the Device Prefrences dialog.
- Verify the Network Blocked message no longer displays on the backup dialog.