Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
Depending on your Windows group policy settings for downloading executable files, opening the Code42 app installer may give no response or not launch. In these circumstances, Windows notes that the executable file was downloaded from the internet and blocks the file to help protect your computer. This article explains how to resolve the issue and launch the installer.
- Code42 app for Windows on devices with restrictive group policies
To unblock the Code42 app installer:
- Right click on the installer and select Properties.
- From the General tab, click Unblock.
- Click OK.
- Open the Code42 app installer.
The information presented here describes a configuration that some users have successfully implemented, but that are outside the scope of normal support. Our Customer Champions cannot assist you with tasks outside normal support, so you assume all risk of unintended behavior.
Code42 for Enterprise customers may search for information from other users on our Code42 customer community forum, or contact their Customer Success Manager (CSM) to engage the Code42 Professional Services team.
You must have the group policy editor installed on your computer to unblock all future downloads:
- Click the Start Menu and type the following in the search box and press enter:
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Double-click Do not preserve zone information in file attachments
- Select Enabled
- Click OK
Files will no longer be marked as Blocked when they originate from another computer. This only applies to future downloads. To unblock previously saved files, follow the Recommended Solution.