This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions for restoring your Mozilla Firefox bookmarks and settings.
Before you begin
- Your Firefox profile must be included in your backup file selection in order to restore your bookmarks and settings.
- This article assumes you have permission to change your backup file selection. Your administrator may prevent editing of the backup file selection.
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of Code42 products. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
- Open the Code42 app.
- See a list of backed-up files:
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later:
- Click Restore Files.
- (Applies only if you have multiple devices) From the menu, select the device that originally backed up the files you want to restore.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Get Files.
- (Optional) If you want to restore an earlier version of your files, click As of Today to select a previous date from the calendar.
- Locate and select your Firefox profile .default folder from the file tree. The folder is located in your AppData (Windows) or Application Support (Mac) folder and labeled with a unique combination of eight letters and numbers, for example:
- Windows: \Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<label>.default
- Mac: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<label>.default
If you're having trouble finding your profile folder, see Mozilla's documentation on how to show hidden files and folders.
- Click Restore Files (or Get Files in Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier).
The Restore Files Options (or Get Files Options) window appears.
- Update the options to specify the restore location to the following locations. You can also specify naming guidelines and permissions for your restored files.
- Windows: \Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
- Mac: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application/Support/Firefox/Profiles/
- Click Go.
Your download is added to the downloads manager. The downloads manager displays the status of your download.
- Restart Firefox to see your restored bookmarks and settings.