This tutorial explains how to download files from the web, also known as a web restore. Web restore is designed to download a few files when you need them on the go. It is not designed for very large downloads.
Before you begin
If you are downloading all of your files because you recently reformatted or replaced a device or hard drive, refer to Replace your device instead.
Files whose names differ only in capitalization are recognized as distinct files on Linux devices when you select files for backup, as well as when you select files for download. On Windows and Mac devices, files whose names differ only in capitalization are treated as the same file.
- Open a web browser and go to the administration console.
- Code42 for Enterprise: Contact your administrator to get the administration console's URL, for example, https://example.com:4285/console/login.html
- CrashPlan for Small Business: https://www.crashplanpro.com/console/
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- Select Devices > Active.
- Locate the device containing the files you want to download and click Restore .
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to download files as of a date other than the most recent date.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files to download previously-deleted files.
The file tree refreshes to include deleted files.
- Select the files or folders you want to download from the file tree.
- Click Restore.
The Web Restore Finished message appears in the lower-left side of the administration console.
- Select Click here to download to download the zip file containing your files.
The files are downloaded to the device you're currently using.
- If you're using a public device, be sure to Sign Out before leaving.
- Only files backed up to the Code42 cloud, CrashPlan PRO Online, or an on-premises Code42 storage server can be downloaded from the web. If your files were backed up to a local destination, such as an external drive, you must get files from the Code42 app instead.
- Your administrator can restrict the maximum amount that can be downloaded from the web. If your download selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend downloading from the Code42 app instead.
- Code42 for Enterprise: Downloads are limited to 250 MB by default, but administrators can change this restriction by increasing the web restore limit.
- CrashPlan for Small Business: Downloads are limited to 250 MB per download session.