- CrashPlan PRO
This tutorial explains how to download files from the web, also known as a web restore. Web restore is designed to download a few files when you need them on the go– it is not designed for very large downloads.
Before you begin
- If you are downloading all of your files because you recently reformatted or replaced a device or hard drive, refer to Downloading All Files On A New Computer Or Drive instead.
- Only files backed up to a cloud destination, such as the Code42 cloud, can be downloaded from the web. If your file was not backed up to a cloud destination, you should download from the Code42 app instead.
Your administrator can restrict the maximum amount that can be downloaded from the web. If your download selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend downloading from the Code42 app instead, if possible.
- Open a web browser and go to the administration console. Contact your administrator to get the administration console's URL (for example, https://example.com:4285/console/login.html).
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- Select Devices.
- Locate the device containing the files you want to download and click Restore .
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to download files as of a date other than the most recent date.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files to download previously-deleted files.
The file tree refreshes to include deleted files.
- Select the files or folders you want to download from the file tree.
- Click Restore.
The Web Restore Finished message appears in the lower-left side of the administration console.
- Select Click here to download to download the zip file containing your files.
The files are downloaded to the device you're currently using.
- If you're using a public device, be sure to Sign Out before leaving.