- CrashPlan PRO
This article explains how to uninstall the Code42 app from your computer.
Uninstalling the Code42 app removes the log files associated with your backups on this computer. If you're uninstalling as part of a troubleshooting process, send your log files to our Customer Champions before uninstalling.
A standard uninstall removes the Code42 app from your computer. An identity file is left on your computer in case you reinstall in the future.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Select Code42 CrashPlan and choose Uninstall.
You may be prompted that another user on the device is signed in. If another user is signed in, it may prevent the Code42 app from uninstalling completely. We recommend coordinating with other users to ensure all users are signed out of their accounts before continuing.
If the uninstallation fails, follow Microsoft's instructions to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
- Open the Finder.
- Press Command+Shift+G.
A dialog box appears: Go to the folder.
- Paste this text into the dialog box:
- Installed for everyone: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app
- Installed per user: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app
- Click Go.
- Double-click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Download CrashPlan.
- Uncompress the TGZ file in Downloads.
- Open Terminal and enter: cd ~/Downloads/CrashPlan-install
- Press Enter.
- Then enter: sudo ./uninstall.sh -i /usr/local/crashplan
- Press Enter.
- At the prompt, type YES to uninstall and press Enter.
A complete uninstall removes the Code42 app, your computer's identity file, and any backups on your computer. Only perform a complete uninstall if:
- You want to permanently end all CrashPlan backups for this computer.
- A Customer Champion instructs you to do so.
- You are moving from CrashPlan for Home to CrashPlan PRO.
To completely uninstall the Code42 app:
- Follow the instructions above for a standard uninstall.
- Delete the following folder from your computer:
- If installed for everyone: C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan
- If installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local or Roaming>\CrashPlan
- If installed for everyone: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan
- If installed per user: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashPlan
- Linux: /var/lib/crashplan