Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
The Code42 app uses the name of your user account to assign a name for your device. Your device name is a label for you to distinguish one device from another. The name itself does not affect your backup. This tutorial shows how to change the name that the Code42 app assigns to your device.
Change the device name
You can change the name of your computer backup from several places, as described below.
From the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- In General next to Device Name, click Rename.
- Enter the new device name.
The new device name is saved automatically when you press Enter or navigate away from the field.
From the Code42 console
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
Contact your administrator for the Code42 console's URL (for example: https://authority-server.example.com:4285/console).
- Click Devices.
- Select the device you want to change.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Next to Name for this device, enter the new name for the device.
- Click Save.