This article provides step-by-step instructions for deleting a backup archive. You should delete a backup archive when you want to discard all of the files backed up to that archive.
Deleting a backup archive permanently deletes all backup files stored in the archive. This cannot be reversed.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- In Device Preferences, select Destinations.
- Select the backup destination whose archive you want to delete.
Ensure that you still have at least one destination that you are backing up to.
- Click Delete Archive.
- In the confirmation dialog, select I understand.
- Click Remove.
The backup archive is removed from the destination.