This article provides step-by-step instructions for deleting a backup archive. You should delete a backup archive when you want to discard all of the files backed up to that archive.
Deleting a backup archive permanently deletes all backup files stored in the archive. This cannot be reversed.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- In Device Preferences, select Destinations.
- Select the backup destination whose archive you want to delete.
Ensure that you still have at least one destination that you are backing up to.
- Click Delete Archive.
Depending on how your administrator has set up your Code42 environment, the Delete Archive button may not appear on the screen or you may not be able to delete the archive.
- In the confirmation dialog, select I understand.
- Click Remove.
The backup archive is removed from the destination.