An archive-key password is an optional level of security you can enable for your account. This level of security requires you to enter the archive-key password to sign into the Code42 app or download your files. This tutorial describes how to change that archive-key password from the Code42 app.
- If the archive-key encryption option was enabled for you by an administrator, then the default password is set to your account password until it is changed from the Code42 app.
- To change your archive-key password, you must provide existing security information for your account. You must either:
- Provide your current archive-key password
- Answer your recovery question
If you don't know your archive-key password, or you didn't set a recovery question, then there is no way to change or recover your archive-key password. You must contact your administrator. Code42 Customer Champions cannot reset or recover an archive-key password for you.
Change archive-key password from the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Select Security.
- Next to Archive key password, select Change.
- Enter your current archive-key password.
- Enter your new archive-key password.
Your password must be at least 8 characters and can include any combination of letters, numeric (0-9) characters, symbols, and spaces.
- Re-enter your new archive-key password.
- Click Save.
The message, "Archive Key Password Updated" displays.