Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
An archive-key password is an optional level of security you can enable for your account. This level of security requires you to enter the archive-key password to sign into the Code42 app or download your files. This tutorial describes how to change that archive-key password from the Code42 app.
- If the archive-key encryption option was enabled for you by an administrator, then the default password is set to your account password until it is changed from the Code42 app.
- To change your archive-key password, you must provide existing security information for your account. You must either:
- Provide your current archive-key password
- Answer your recovery question
If you don't know your archive-key password, or you didn't set a recovery question, then there is no way to change or recover your archive-key password. You must contact your administrator. Code42 Customer Champions cannot reset or recover an archive-key password for you.
Change archive-key password from the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Select Security.
- Next to Archive key password, select Change.
- Enter your current archive-key password.
- Enter your new archive-key password.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters, but we recommend 16 characters or more. Alternatively, use a unique passphrase, consisting of four or more random words.
- Use a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Passwords cannot start or end with a space (spaces are okay elsewhere).
- Never reuse passwords. Don't use a password for Code42 that you use for any other online account.
- Re-enter your new archive-key password.
- Click Save.
The message Archive Key Password Updated appears.New password for all devices
The password is changed for all devices on your account.